Sunday, August 11, 2013

Justin Mitchell earns 3rd at MTB Nationals!!!

Here is a recap and some pics in Justin's own words


The Cross-Country MTB National Championships took place between July 18 and 21, 2013 at Bear Creek Resort in Pennsylvania.  I raced on July 18th in the Category 3 Mens 15-18 year old class. A person in front of me crashed at the start and caused a pileup - which I crashed into. I was one of the last riders to enter the woods where I began to aggressively pass other racers - often passing more than one racer at a time. On a final steep, long fireroad climb I let one rider pass me. I knew, however, that I would pass him on the downhill, and I did. On one of the final rock gardens with a massive spectator section, a man told me, "The leader can't ride this stuff like you." I reached the leader along with the second place individual in the final switchback climb. When I came out of the woods into the final stretch, I realized I had dropped the 4th place rider; and I tried to reach the 2nd place rider, only loosing to him by a second. 







No comments:

Post a Comment